Year End Review: 7 Questions to Ask Your Property Manager Before Next Year
With the end of the year coming soon, now is a great time to evaluate your rental property as you would other investments. A year-end review of your investment is a smart idea to assess any changes or improvements to make. Here are seven questions to ask yourself and discuss with your property manager before the end of the year.
- Is there room to increase the rental rate or change the lease terms, given area rental statistics and economic factors?
- When will the current lease be up for renewal and when can I make changes?
- Do I have adequate insurance coverage for flood, frozen pipes, code compliance, or loss of rent?
- Do the current tenants have renters insurance, with a current certificate?
- What maintenance and upgrades should I make in the next year to increase revenue or to ensure code compliance?
- Do I have all of the receipts needed for tax preparation for maintenance and improvements?
- Do I need to register my property with the city or county, or renew any licenses?
By taking the time to address these questions now, you’ll be better prepared for a successful new year owning your rental property.
What would you add to this list?
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.
Get the Neighborly App
In addition to Real Property Management's expert skills in managing your rental property, you can utilize Neighborly's other brands to maintain and enhance your home. Use the Neighborly App to get connected to local home service professionals. Download and receive offers only available on the App.
Depending on current health and safety regulations in your area, some of the services mentioned in this post may not be available. Neighborly service providers will follow the latest health and safety guidelines provided by the local and state governments. Please check with your local Neighborly service provider for details at the time you need service(s).